- You've forgotten your eyepatch!
She turned back to watch the girls catching her up. Tsuki was quicker than the doe Noisette who had hard times to walk in the snow, and Risea thought that the silver vixen could thank her genes for being so vive. She answered :
- You force me to have this operation, now I profit of my new eye, okay?
- The doc said to avoid any unnecessary exposure to bright light.
- That's not that bright, have you ever seen a pulsar sta--
- You're not in space, snow reflects the light everywhere, so at least put your eyepatch if you're walking outside.
- Geeze, yes 'mom'.
She had refused to reconstruct her missing eye for a long time, arguing that it was a harsh lesson that was a pale reflect of her failure.
But the girls convainced her to turn that page and to write new ones with them.
New pages... But what should she write then? Noisette took one of Risea's hand and gave her a cup.
- A cup?
- Yeah, What a wonderful weather to have some hot cocoa, isn't it?
- Coc-- Cocoa?
Tsuki took a thermos out of the bag she had on her back and carefully filled Risea's cup with the warm chocolate. With a smile she took the other hand of the redhead doe and put it around the cup.
It was quite a paradox, the coldness of the winter was a strange counterbalance to the warmth of the cocoa inside of the cup, and the smiles of the girls were healing her injured heart.
- Girls, I--
- Drink it, it will get cold in a moment; intimated Noisette
- Heeee, I'm supposed to be your mom, not your lil sis!
- You sometime can be so immature Risea, we have to look up on you.
- Quite rude, but I guess you have a point.
She took a sip of the chocolate and continued her sentence :
- ... Brats. I love you two.
- The power of the chocolate! Always works!
She looked at the sky. It was quite bright, and the recent medical operation made her to blink a bit.
Yes, new pages. The most interesting ones for sure.
Actually I would have loved to picture an intense quarrel between Risea and Tsuki that would leads to the optical reconstruction, but I guess that I'll keep that idea in mind for another day.
The weather is just fine for the hot cocoa...
All characters © Amiral Aesir
Watercolors and inks, the 7th February 2017